CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration

kzf817 wrote:

>Good evening. I would like to know if any of you know if any updates
>have been done to EMC to allow changing of the mapping of pins to the
>first parallel port, in the INI.

You don't need any updates. Any BDI version of EMC should allow this.
You need to change a few numbers in the .ini file.

First, you need to set all addresses of the parallel port to whatever
the one you
are using is located at (generally, 0x378). There should be at least two
references to the parallel port, one for motion in the [EMCMOT] section,
and one for
I/O, in the [EMCIO] section. They should both be like :
IO_BASE_ADDRESS = 0x378
unless your port is at a different location.

Then, in the [EMCIO] section, there are lines that define the estop
input and output
pins with :

ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX = 1
ESTOP_SENSE_POLARITY = 1
ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX = 10
ESTOP_WRITE_POLARITY = 0

This should put the estop sensing on one of the status pins, and the
E-stop output
on one of the control pins. There is a chart in the documentation that
shows the
mapping of these bits - pins.

The polarity selection allows you to invert the polarity of these bits,
if needed.

You will need to have bridgeporttask in the [TASK] section, and
bridgeportio in
the [EMCIO] section for the aux i/o to communicate with real hardware.

kzf817 2005-03-10 21:35:15 UTC EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration rszemeti 2005-03-11 00:09:21 UTC Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Paul 2005-03-11 04:57:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration David A. Frantz 2005-03-11 07:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration erie 2005-03-11 07:24:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Jon Elson 2005-03-11 08:20:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration kzf817 2005-03-11 11:27:32 UTC Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Alan Marconett 2005-03-11 16:23:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration