CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Tree Journeyman 300

Posted by toorigid
on 2005-11-13 13:27:26 UTC
Dan, thanks so much for your time, I will contact you about the
manuals. It is actually the front of the knee where the saddle rides
where the rust is. What model KB did you use. I plan on gutting all
the drives, I don't see the benefit of messing with that old stuff.
What kind of accuracy are you getting with your unit? What about
tramming seeing how it is a rigid head machine? How far did did you
tear your machine down? I am just finishing a rebuild of a BP series
one. Thank you again.

Ian

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@s...>
wrote:

> Many questions. Here are the answers.
> We used a rented forklift rated at 6000lb . It cost $100 for a
full day but
> was worth it. I would get one with the extra long forks.
> I would leave the enclosures intact until you get a chance to
check it out.
> Those servo motors are 3/4hp. You can easily test them by using a
12V
> battery.
> Locate the red and black wires that come from the servo motors
that go back
> to the servo amp. I would lube the ways before operation.
> How you run the unit I guess depends on what you want to do. If
you can
> provide 220 3 phase your might be able to get the existing unit to
run. If
> the on board computer is shot then I would gut all the
electronics and
> install a much simpler Gecko drive if you can live with 100 ipm
speed. I am
> running my Tree mill at 80VDC. The motors were 130VDC thus the
speed will be
> reduced proportionally to the voltage used.
> If it is just the lower ways on the knee then I wouldn't worry
about it
> because you have a ballscrew driven z axis.
> as I recall the travel is 12x32X5? and the table is 10.5X47
> Yes I have managed to acquire most of the manuals.
> The 300 has home and limit switches on the XYZ axis. I rewired
them to be
> compatible with Mach2/3. I ended up relocating the X axis home X+
limit
> switch actuator because the table coolant drain interfered with
the drain
> piping.
> Contact me off line for the manuals.
> One thing that you will need to be cognizant of is that the kwik
switch
> spindle uses a air cly actuated by a solenoid valve that locks the
spindle
> when you changes tools. Similarly the spindle is a two speed unit.
It uses
> an air cly to shift from low to high speed. It's sort a of a
screwy set up
> because when you change speed you need to bring the spindle motor
to a
> complete stop. I have a switch that then activates the solenoid
that then
> shifts the gears but when you do that the spindle direction
reverses. So I
> had to mount another switch that tells my KB electronics to
reverse
> direction thus making the spindle turn correctly. In retrospect I
should
> have gotten a different switch to reverse the spindle direction
when the
> gears were shifted.
> I gutted the whole monitor and keyboard assembly and then built a
new one
> that houses a 1.2Ghz pc and a 17" lcd monitor and a pc keyboard. I
can use
> mach2/3 or really any other pc based G code interpreter. The
retrofitted
> machine doesn't have all the features of the original machine
controls but
> for my uses its quite satisfactory.
>

> Dan Mauch
> low cost stepper and servo motors.
> cases for Gecko drives
> kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
> www.camtronics-cnc.com
> www.seanet.com/~dmauch

Dan.

wanliker@a...,
> > timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> > if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for
> > OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

toorigid 2005-11-11 17:04:33 UTC Tree Journeyman 300 vrsculptor 2005-11-11 17:21:32 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300 Peter Reilley 2005-11-11 18:56:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman 300 Dan Mauch 2005-11-11 19:12:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tree Journeyman 300 Dan Mauch 2005-11-11 19:15:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman 300 toorigid 2005-11-11 20:29:26 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300 toorigid 2005-11-11 20:33:45 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300 Dan Mauch 2005-11-12 08:12:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman 300 Dan Mauch 2005-11-12 08:14:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman 300 toorigid 2005-11-12 19:04:10 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300 Dan Mauch 2005-11-13 08:51:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman 300 toorigid 2005-11-13 13:27:26 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300 vrsculptor 2005-11-13 14:00:46 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman 300