CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC webpage hijacking, may concern you

Posted by Darren Lucke
on 2006-02-03 06:23:26 UTC
Interesting in a way... from standpoint that it's
similar I believe to some things I've worked on
shutting people down from selling / reproducing my
trailer - project building plans that have copyright
on them.

If.... and that's maybe a big if, he's hosting on
someone else's computers, ie.. a web-hosting company
you should be able to send the web-host company a
letter notifiying him of copyright / intellectual
property infringement which should at minimum make the
host company aware of this guy's actions and make him
change his content... (the more people that send the
letter of infringement {which can be an email}).

If he hosts his own website (very possible) then this
makes it a bit more difficult because it will probably
require further court actions to shut him down from
doing so. Most web-hosting companies can actually
lose their revenue / business by intellectual property
owners taking them to court and who wants to spend
1000's on attorney's when the website guy only spends
hundreds for the site and from a monetary standpoint
if he hosts his own website he probably knows it will
take a court order to stop him from stealing content
and using it.... which most people will not do because
of the cost and time involved.

Anyway, this is kind of a long post but it's an area
of interest to me as I've shut down some interesting
characters from copying / selling my plans.

If you need help with the infringement letter, contact
me off list and I'll do what I can to help.

Darren Lucke
www.TUFIndustries.com

p.s. btw.. I believe the content is already stolen so
putting false links in your pages will only make your
site link to the false links... by my quick look at
the infringer's site.

--- John Stevenson <john@...>

http://engraving.majosoft.com/html/Hobby_Buy_Machines.html