CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe

Posted by Jack McKie
on 2009-01-29 10:32:18 UTC
Larry,

Might be easier to just go with a 3 axis CNC router and ordinary cad/cam software.  The cnc router might also be useable for other parts.

Another old fashioned alternative would be a duplicating mill which allows you to duplicate a hand made blade.

Jack

--- On Thu, 1/29/09, Larry <reiss_machinist@...> wrote:

From: Larry <reiss_machinist@...>
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 1:26 PM

I am interested in building a cnc propellor carving lathe to create
wooden wind turbine blades, one blade at a time. The proposed lathe
would be run with Mach 3 and 2 axis control having a servo motor
drive on the headstock spindel and one on the cross slide axis. There
would be gearing and a lead screw to slave the Z axis from the spindel
at the rate of .125" per revolution.The cutting tool would be a 10"
dia. carbide table saw blade that would move in and out on the cross
slide X axis as the spindel rotated continuously.
I have use of a program that will create an STL. file of the
blade.But I need to learn of a cam program that will let me define the
axis of rotation and has a post processor for a machine of this
configuration.
Thank You, Larry Reiss Omaha, Nebraska

Larry 2009-01-29 10:27:36 UTC Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack McKie 2009-01-29 10:32:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Larry 2009-01-29 10:49:41 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack Mc Kie 2009-01-29 13:08:27 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe gcode fi (hanermo) 2009-01-29 14:45:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Gary Corlew 2009-01-29 18:45:14 UTC RE: Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Roland Jollivet 2009-01-30 05:06:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe cafeagle 2009-01-30 08:44:06 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Fred Smith 2009-01-31 08:21:32 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe