CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe

Posted by cafeagle
on 2009-01-30 08:44:06 UTC
it is not exactly a cam program but it is a way to do what you want.
Look at <http://www.cnc-toolkit.com/cnc_toolkit.html> the Project
Spline which is the 4th one down is what you are talking about. Hope
you get it to work.

CAF

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <reiss_machinist@...>
wrote:

> I am interested in building a cnc propellor carving lathe to create
> wooden wind turbine blades, one blade at a time. The proposed lathe
> would be run with Mach 3 and 2 axis control having a servo motor
> drive on the headstock spindel and one on the cross slide axis. There
> would be gearing and a lead screw to slave the Z axis from the spindel
> at the rate of .125" per revolution.The cutting tool would be a 10"
> dia. carbide table saw blade that would move in and out on the cross
> slide X axis as the spindel rotated continuously.
> I have use of a program that will create an STL. file of the
> blade.But I need to learn of a cam program that will let me define the
> axis of rotation and has a post processor for a machine of this
> configuration.
> Thank You, Larry Reiss Omaha, Nebraska

Discussion Thread

Larry 2009-01-29 10:27:36 UTC Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack McKie 2009-01-29 10:32:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Larry 2009-01-29 10:49:41 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack Mc Kie 2009-01-29 13:08:27 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe gcode fi (hanermo) 2009-01-29 14:45:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Gary Corlew 2009-01-29 18:45:14 UTC RE: Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Roland Jollivet 2009-01-30 05:06:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe cafeagle 2009-01-30 08:44:06 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Fred Smith 2009-01-31 08:21:32 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe