CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe

on 2009-01-30 05:06:46 UTC
Another way to do it is do draw your blade in CAD, and generate an .stl, of
the top.

Now rotate the part 45 deg. on it's axis, in CAD and generate a new TOP
.stl of the part
Do this until you have rotated 360. and generated all the required passes.

Now the wood simply needs to manually rotated to the same angle when
machining, as was used when generating the file.

It's a bit of work to generate all the files, but only done once.
The rotation of the blade could be done manually, with a geared head, or if
it is a driven axis, just insert a G00 Axxx between every new milling file
to give the desired rotation.

Regards
Roland

2009/1/29 Larry <reiss_machinist@...>

> I want to go with a lathe configuration because it will machine both
> top and bottom of the blade. A router or mill will do only one side of
> the blade at a time. I think this method will have a faster cycle time
> with less fuss. And the saw blade can be changed if necessary to a
> vertical belt sander for finishing.
> Thanks, Larry reiss Omaha, Nebraska
>
> -- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Jack McKie
>
> <freshwatermodels@...> wrote:
> >
> > Larry,
> >
> > Might be easier to just go with a 3 axis CNC router and ordinary
> cad/cam software. The cnc router might also be useable for other parts.
> >
> > Another old fashioned alternative would be a duplicating mill which
> allows you to duplicate a hand made blade.
> >
> > Jack

Larry 2009-01-29 10:27:36 UTC Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack McKie 2009-01-29 10:32:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Larry 2009-01-29 10:49:41 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Jack Mc Kie 2009-01-29 13:08:27 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe gcode fi (hanermo) 2009-01-29 14:45:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Gary Corlew 2009-01-29 18:45:14 UTC RE: Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Roland Jollivet 2009-01-30 05:06:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe cafeagle 2009-01-30 08:44:06 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe Fred Smith 2009-01-31 08:21:32 UTC Re: Cam program and post needed for a cnc propellor carving lathe