CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: tool size > hole dia

Posted by Chuck Merja
on 2011-04-05 10:11:33 UTC
Mr Sage, Thanks for looking at this. Actually, from a geometry perspective,
I do not understand why I can't spec a cutter diameter that is greater than
the hole radius, but less than the hole diameter, but are there "rules" in
the CAM world that would preclude using say a 0.312 tool to cut a 0.5 dia
hole?

And on to the enter issue.yes, I have experienced this - many times :o((
However, I think I was getting the tool dia and hole radius to "stick".

I think that one of the other suggestions had to do with "finish cut" and
not having enough room to do so. I think I set the finish dia and the
initial cut dia to the same number, meaning that there would be 0.00 cut as
a finish cut. That might have been an issue for the wizard. Will try to
rectify that when I have a minute to check.

Thanks all,

Chuck Merja
_____

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dave Sage
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:09 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: tool size > hole dia

I tried what you said and I get the same error only when the tool diameter
is the .312 and the radius of the circle is also .312. This I'm sure you can
understand why this is. But if I change the tool to be only .311 diameter to
prove a point it works fine. BUT initially I noticed the same problem as you
with a couple of smaller tool sizes.

With all the switching of screens to get back to the tool
diameter entry screen I was forgetting to press ENTER after putting in the
new tool size. If you don't remember to press ENTER the tool size will not
take and will revert back to what was there before (.312)

Try it again and be sure to press ENTER after inserting
information into any of the wizard boxes. This a very annoying "feature" of
all the wizard. Even clicking on a new box does not lock-in the current
information. You must press ENTER.

Sage

ebiz_59 2011-04-04 10:36:45 UTC tool size > hole dia Andy Wander 2011-04-04 10:40:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool size > hole dia Chuck Merja 2011-04-04 11:06:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool size > hole dia Ron Thompson 2011-04-04 11:22:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool size > hole dia Dave Sage 2011-04-05 05:10:07 UTC Re: tool size > hole dia Chuck Merja 2011-04-05 10:11:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: tool size > hole dia Stephen Muscato 2011-04-05 14:58:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool size > hole dia Dave Sage 2011-04-06 09:16:31 UTC Re: tool size > hole dia