CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control

Posted by John Dammeyer
on 2012-10-23 09:21:12 UTC
Follow the link http://www.autoartisans.com/ELS/ and take a look at the
ELS. You have to do some mounting since at the moment I don't sell
prefabricated boxes. That's because the target market was kit DIY
oriented where the hobbyist labour is free.

I've used the ELS as a control for coil winding. I've used it to control
my rotary table on the mill. Currently, since I'm in the middle of adding
CNC to the mill, I've got one running the knee stepper motor through a
GECKO since the on board driver isn't quite large enough for the mill.

With custom code it became a Generator and Battery Charger controller
starting, running and stopping the generator after preset charging times.
Since it has a built in Serial port I even had remote internet access
through a telnet RS232 to Ethernet Dongle.

Future plans are to make it run the back fence on my shear/brake and as a
positioning tool for my power hack saw. These will require firmware
changes as will a dedicated Rotary Table application.

But it's amazing how much you can do with just configuring parameters.
Press the Start Button and the can move the motor a specific distance. An
Alt Home sequence returns the motor. Or the jog buttons can be set to
move a specific distance including backlash compensation.

I have been working on a version of the code that runs the unit as a
CANOpen device with the DS402 profile. It can display a preconfigured
message when it receives a message #. If reports key presses as PDO
events which include a Key Held Down and Key released event. I have not
yet added ELS stepper motor driver control via CANOpen.

The code and schematics are open source under GNU licensing so it's
possible to use the hardware as a base for a totally custom project.

John Dammeyer

"ELS! The Solution"
Automation Artisans Inc.
http://www.autoartisans.com/ELS/
Ph. 1 250 544 4950

Discussion Thread

scyvt 2012-10-23 07:45:36 UTC single axis control Andy Wander 2012-10-23 07:57:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control Roland Jollivet 2012-10-23 08:08:04 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control John Dammeyer 2012-10-23 09:21:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control Roland Jollivet 2012-10-23 09:36:41 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control scyvt 2012-10-23 10:15:14 UTC Re: single axis control John Murphy 2012-10-23 11:03:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control Rjreese29 2012-10-23 11:04:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control Jeffrey Birt 2012-10-23 11:05:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control John Dammeyer 2012-10-23 11:12:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: single axis control jeremy youngs 2012-10-23 13:45:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: single axis control jeremy youngs 2012-10-23 14:56:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control David G. LeVine 2012-10-23 20:20:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: single axis control Roland Jollivet 2012-10-24 04:58:21 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control jeremy youngs 2012-10-24 14:36:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] single axis control