CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it!

Posted by Ian W. Wright
on 1999-07-22 04:55:04 UTC
Hi Tim,

The 'improvisation' came in after I started getting really p****d off.
I have just tried loading again using your script and the original
RedHat CD and everything seemed to go fine until it came to reboot at
the end - then I got the following error message and a locked machine:-

Partition check:
hda [PTBL] [528/32/63] hda1
hdb hdb1 hdb2 <hdb5 hdb6>
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:05: rw = 0, want 2, limit 0
Ext2fs: unable to read superblock
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:05: rw = 0, want 1, limit 0
FAT bread failed

Any ideas? I can get linux up and running as a workstation easy, its
just this patching lark that doesn't seem to want to play. For info hda
only contains DOS (Windows) and is 504Mb set as Master (boot), hdb is
where the linux stuff is going and is 4Gb and set as slave.

Ian

--
Best wishes

Ian

--

Ian W. Wright LBHI
Sheffield Branch Chairman of the British Horological Institute.

'Music is the filling of regular time intervals with harmonious
oscillations.'

Discussion Thread

Ian W. Wright 1999-07-19 11:00:27 UTC I made a bol***cks of it! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-19 11:12:55 UTC Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Carles Perello 1999-07-20 00:36:56 UTC Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Ian W. Wright 1999-07-20 15:18:47 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-20 15:35:55 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Ian W. Wright 1999-07-21 10:22:20 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-21 11:24:43 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Ian W. Wright 1999-07-22 04:55:04 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-22 08:01:22 UTC Re: Re: I made a bol***cks of it!