CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one??

Posted by tauseef
on 2001-05-27 23:59:16 UTC
Hi Mike,
thanks! Rhino does seem straight forward and it looks nice too, an
added benifit. What CAM package do you use to convert the drawing you
make in Rhino3D. I am tring out the demo right now. I am a full time
optometry student so the $195 price tag is really inviting right now!
I can wait a bit as I will be a student for one more year but am
leaning toward Rhino for my 2.5 and 3D drawings already. TurboCAD 3D
is another option (I guess).
thanks
tauseef

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Mike Phillips" <mikep_95133@y...> wrote:
> I've used Rhino for a few months now. It's Excellent!
>
> Mike
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "tauseef" <alieron@h...> wrote:
> > Hey guys (John, Tom, and Paolo + any others),
> > I am so sorry that I did not respond to your letters before! I
was
> > just doing a search on these CAD/CAM packages again and ran
across
> > these posts!! Sorry! To answer your question of what I plan to
make
> > would say things like 3D name plates, parts for my radio control
> > helicopters, car and planes (these would really be more 2 1/2D),
> some
> > jewelery, possibly "artwork," business card holder for my
brothers
> > and sisters and other silly things like that. Answering that
> question
> > is really pretty hard (even though I know its very important). I
> love
> > this machining stuff and the 3D CAD/CAM package would really be
more
> > of a luxuary as I don't know how much 3Ding I truely would be do
> > considering the time involved in drawing out a 3D object.
Machining
> > is also a hobby for me and not my profession so I don't need the
> real
> > high-end stuff. I downloaded Rhino3D today and must say for the
30
> > min I have spent on it, I am impressed! Its seems very straight
> > forward. I also have the demo of vectorcam but find it quite hard
> > work with. Millwizard is also very impressive and I can't even
> > imagine how wonderful the higher end CAM packages must be! Would
> > combination of TurboCAD and Millwizard be a consideration?
> > thank you guys again for your input and I hope to answer much
> quicker
> > next time :)
> > tauseef
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., machines@n... wrote:
> CAM
> > them
> > doesn't

> mechanical
> > > or
> and
> > and
> > softwares
> > modeling

> Surfacer
> > > are
> actually
> > > are

> > > suited

> > actually
> > file.

> > jobs
> > > (mostly)

if
> > you
> > CAM
> let
> > > you
> -
> >
> > > it

> > the

> > > and

> > > Paolo,
> > > Thank you for the reply and I had no trouble understanding it.
> Your
> > > english is 10,000 times beter than my Italian?
> > > You are not entering into a dispute at all, that's what
discussion
> > > groups are for. I've left your post virtually intact and I'll
try
> > > cover the replies in order.
> > > Firstly though I don't want to appear to be knocking Rhino I am
> > only
> > > trying to give general answers.
> > > I was lead to believe that DXF files can give 3D information
> hence
> > > the DXF3D tag on some file names, Millwizard is one I believe.
> > > Obviously not all prgrams can ouput these files.
> > > Your remarks about CAS, CAI[D] and ICEM whilst being very valid
> are
> > > really out of the scope of this list which is very hobby based.
> > > The use of Rhino and a STL based cam system will give very good
> > > results as you point out but this combination will then deplete
Mr
> > > Tauseef's funds leaving him nothing left to buy another package
> > > handle the other milling cycles, most of which will cost the
same
> > as
> > > his initial purchase. So instead of paying $800 which I think
was
> > the
> > > mentioned figure he will finish up paying twice that for four
> > > programs, duplicating in cases what he needs.
> > > You mention that in professional machining this is done but
I've
> > als
> > > seen where a company has paid $15,000 for a CAD/CAM package,
> > realised
> > > that it doesn't suit them and are looking for another one.
> > > I don't think anyone on this list falls within this scope.
> > > We are all stabbing in the dark because Mr Tauseef laid down a
> very
> > > open ended question. Until we get clarification on his proposed
> > uses
> > > we will be split between those offering Rhino / STL Works /
> > > Millwizard / Rams/ Ampari and what I call full blown 3D CAD/CAM
> > >
> > > Come on Tauseef we are fighting on your behalf and you aren't
> > holding
> > > your end up <BG>
> > >
> > > John Stevenson
> > > Nottingham, England.

Discussion Thread

tauseef 2001-05-10 23:25:22 UTC Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Kos 2001-05-11 12:58:36 UTC RE: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Bob Campbell 2001-05-11 13:54:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? tauseef 2001-05-11 16:02:25 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Tom Murray 2001-05-12 08:40:35 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Jon Anderson 2001-05-12 09:13:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? machines@n... 2001-05-13 15:17:01 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Tom Murray 2001-05-13 20:50:27 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? machines@n... 2001-05-14 00:26:13 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? pavel59@y... 2001-05-14 00:43:17 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? machines@n... 2001-05-14 12:50:47 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Graeme Murray 2001-05-14 13:27:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? tauseef 2001-05-27 23:09:15 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Mike Phillips 2001-05-27 23:13:36 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? tauseef 2001-05-27 23:59:16 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? info.host@b... 2001-05-28 06:18:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-05-28 06:22:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? tauseef 2001-05-28 07:01:19 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Smoke 2001-05-28 10:59:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-05-28 14:37:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Andrew Werby 2001-05-28 17:17:21 UTC Re: Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one?? Jon Elson 2001-05-28 20:01:39 UTC Vectorcam, bobcad, rhino3D, which one??