CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help putting together a complete system

on 2001-06-06 13:09:36 UTC
Hi Ian,

There are reasons for everything so here's my guess. The reason the tube
is too small is to take you're mind off the fact that nothing is visibly
happening and you'd otherwise be thinking 'I spent my taxes on this! I could
make one in a week with a bottle of Fairy Liquid and some tape for a few
pence'. There are no tanning tubes because the tube is so small. It's kind
of like shooting themselves in the foot, they'd like the tanning option for
when it's not actually being used but what happens if you get stuck in the
distraction? Then you'd be booked into dermitology for the next two weeks.

I remember when I was ten I think it was I caught my finger in a gate
and cut the top half of my finger nail right the way through to the other
side. I went into the school and started trying to wash it in the drinking
fountain, the damned taps were those push down ones that dribble a cup full
every hour (The kids kept flooding the toilets with the screw type ones).
When I put it under the tap the end of my finger would fall off which was
quite worrying to a ten year old boy. It took three hours in a waiting room
just to see a doctor to tell me to go to hospital, and then another three or
so hours waiting for a free doctor to stitch it back. The only good thing
about it was that I got cappachino when I went for the checks. A cut finger
isn't much compared to a triple bypass but to me it was quite important. So
what's the message to all CNCer's? If you're going to hospitalise yourself
using your mill, drill, hydraulic press, industrial scale mining lasers,
blasting explosives, ect make sure it's life threatening. Drill through your
hand while you weren't looking? Accidentally slip and land in the metal
shears.

I hope you're okay Ian,
John

You'd think for £1,000,000.01 they could afford the tube to be a little
bigger. Imagine a time when the magnets from those become cheap enough for
us all to have in the garage.... the power... mu ha ha har!
(Remember frogs levitate in a large enough magnetic field, maybe there's
another reason for that tube being so small. I wonder.)