CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2001-10-21 08:26:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "FIK" <vrojas@p...> wrote:
> I have several CNC machines here,

I'm cutting your obvious Bobcad advertising and misinformation about
the quality of the Bobcad support organization and will try to
address what you seem to be saying is your problem. I have also
removed your offers to sell or buy software that you do not either
own the license for or are not authorized to sell to others.

> If there are really 1600 members on
> this group lets assume 60% actually own and use EMCO MAIER
CNC5's/F1 CNC. If
> 25% would like a user freindly REAL cad/cam software program then
get one

First of all you are probably quite overly optimistic about the
number of EMCO MAIER systems, but instead of coming here bragging and
advertising, why don't you just ask if anyone has a post they could
share? If there are EMCO users here would you be willing to share
your Bobcad configuration with John? See I did it for you.

2ndly, I have seen the code for an EMCO CNC and it is pretty vanilla
G-code. Just about any beginner should be able to take the generic
Bobcad milling configuration and make usable programs in about 20
minutes. There are probably sections in your user manual that
describe the NC program format. If not, I would recommend that you
contact EmcoMaier and see if they can provide you with a user manual
for your machine. These are usually available for a nominal fee.

3rd- Bobcad can easily draw an ellipse. It approximates it with a
series of arcs. These arcs when cut will create an ellipse. Now if
you want to engrave an ellipse, you are done. Even if you can't get
arcs to work on your machine, You can interpolate the arcs into line
segments that will also cut the shape of an ellipse.(Look under 3D)

However if you are trying to create a 3D surface, the cross section
of which is an ellipse, you can use the skin function or a ruled
surface to cut it with a 3D mill.( an extrusion of an ellipse)

If you are trying to create a DOMED form, with an elliptical base,
you can also do this in Bobcad, but it will require that you have an
excellent understanding of the way the skin function works, and 3D
wireframe drawing, and you will also need to understand the mechanics
of surface milling so that you can get an acceptable surface finish
(assuming that you don't want to do much hand work after the
machining is done)

Judging from your tone and comments, I suspect that even if you had
your Bobcad configuration, you might not be too happy with the
results that could be obtained with a short learning curve. You may
be happier with a 3D solid modeling program and a CAM program that
can machine a 3D model, rather than the wireframe approach found in
Bobcad.

Just in case it comes up, I am NOT a disinterested party here, I sell
a competing product to Bobcad that I consider to be far superior in
capability and value. My company sold Bobcad for nearly 10 years,
and we produced the "Bobcad for Windows Training Videos". These
videos cover versions 16-17. We no longer sell or support Bobcad.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://209.69.202.197/cced.html

imserv@... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-
3698

Discussion Thread

FIK 2001-10-21 03:12:28 UTC RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Ward M. 2001-10-21 03:47:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test FIK 2001-10-21 04:01:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test johnhe 2001-10-21 04:08:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test ccs@m... 2001-10-21 06:53:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Fred Smith 2001-10-21 08:26:52 UTC Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Ray 2001-10-21 09:34:05 UTC Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test FIK 2001-10-21 13:44:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test FIK 2001-10-21 13:49:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Smoke 2001-10-21 14:13:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test FIK 2001-10-21 14:29:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-21 14:58:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test ccs@m... 2001-10-21 14:59:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Fred Smith 2001-10-21 15:01:39 UTC Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, etc. Tim Goldstein 2001-10-21 15:15:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test machines@n... 2001-10-21 15:17:39 UTC Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-21 15:21:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-21 15:24:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test ccs@m... 2001-10-21 15:36:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Paul 2001-10-21 16:08:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test FIK 2001-10-21 16:13:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Jerry Kimberlin 2001-10-21 16:31:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test Ray 2001-10-21 20:28:45 UTC Re: Re: RE MAXNC, light machines, EMCO MAIER,BOBCAD and beta interface test