CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM software upgrade policy

on 2002-01-06 02:02:51 UTC
Steve J:

I have followed this thread and have finally reached the point that I
cannot stand it anymore.

1) In defense of and in support of Fred, he is as good as it gets when
it comes to software support and being patient withn all types of
queries, including idiotic ones.

2) If you can't afford the software and/or the upgrades, or object to
how they are implemented, then buy something else, go away, and quietly
enjoy your purchase. Leave this good man alone.

3) Even if you have purchased the best CAD/CAM package in the world for
a dollar, what good are you serving with these idiotic questions. Where
have you been all these years. Software has nearly always been
"licensed" and upgrade policies have been at the whim of the
developer/sales entity. If you want to discuss software upgrade
policies, then do so, but get off Fred and Vector's back, and talk in
general (hopefully not here). If you don't like the numbering of the
upgrades, tough nuggies...get a life.

4) I use Cobalt v4 and VectorCAM. Fred has always returned my calls and
answered my questions, and even politely listened when I spouted
political/economic opinions which he didn't agree with. Cobalt (from
Ashlar-Vellum) support costs $895 for 18mths and $3995 for the software
package. While I get excellent support from Ashlar-Vellum, it isn't any
better than what Fred supplies for NOTHING....READ THAT...NOTHING.

5) Fred and his company provide support above and beyond the meager cost
of their product. The time wasted answering your idiotic questions,
imho, isn't worth his time, especially when he is only getting $300 or
so dollars for VectorCAM.

6) Your behavior is that of a typical passive-aggressive individual.
You ask seemingly innocuous questions, which if challenged, leave you in
the position of being able to say, "Well I am just asking for
clarification, what is your problem?" Yet, you know what your are
doing. STOP doing this.

7) I am utterly amazed at the time Fred has spent responding to all
these idiotic, nit-picking questions...and you never stop. He is trying
to run his business, and you are trying to make him say something wrong
so you can then piously point out, that he flubbed and therefore isn't
what you expect. Typical passive-aggressive behavior.

8) In case you haven't understood what I have said, try this: I am
tired of reading your painful, pitiful, nit-picking posts. Go away, or
contribute something positive.

Finally, if you don't grok passive-agressive, then trust me, you are.

Craig Chamberlin