CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE

Posted by Paul Devey
on 1999-11-09 14:26:44 UTC
John,

Do you know of any web sites with Compumotor drivers?

Paul Devey
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Anderson <janders@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Date: Thursday, November 04, 1999 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE

> [...]
>> I'm just stating the plain honest facts...
>>
>> Would I buy a MAXNC again.... Well no... I do learn from my mistakes...
>> would I recommend it to anyone... Well NO...
>>
>> Jon, I appreciate the help and all the feed back, hope I can repay some
>> day...
>>
>> regards
>> Hans Wedemeyer
>>
>> Jon Anderson wrote:
>>
>> > Hans,
>> >
>> > First mod I made to my MAX was to toss the spindle motor into the
>> > spare
>> > parts bin. I fitted a Sherline DC motor and control. It's a tight fit
>> > betwen the Z stepper motor and the spindle.
>> > Here's a link to a pic of mine
>> >
>> > http://www.prototype-design.com/images/Shermax1.jpg
>> >
>> > You can see here the adapter I made to use a Sherline spindle as well.
>> > If you (or anyone else) is interested in this adapter, I can post the
>> > 3D
>> > wireframe in DXF format.
>> > You can see that I'm only using one bolt on the end plate on each
>> > stand
>> > off, and have no problems with vibration or flex. I think part of your
>> > problem is the standoff isn't seating well against the sheetmetal
>> > case.
>> > MAXNC is getting better at spin control. I seriously doubt that flex
>> > was
>> > engineered! The whole thing is cost driven more than anything, and
>> > it's
>> > a decent bargin alright, but some mods will go a long way towards
>> > making
>> > it more useful.
>> >
>> > BTW, you can see in place of the stock motors, I've made thrust
>> > plates.
>> > There is a custom stub shaft passing through dual ball bearings.
>> > With a nylock nut for adjustment, I can dial out backlash and relieve
>> > the motor of thrust loads. Note, this does nothing for backlash at the
>> > leadscrew nut... The Sherline spindle adapter has a constant force
>> > spring inside that is attached to the thrust plate. I forget, but
>> > think
>> > it's rated for 7 lbs, and it releives the Z motor of some of it's
>> > load.
>> > Can also post a DXF file of the thrust plates and the stub shaft.
>> >
>> > As for your setup, I would suspect that either the V groove angle is
>> > not
>> > right on one or both pulleys, or possibly one of the pulleys V-grooves
>> > isn't concentric to the bore. Does the belt vibrate or flutter a lot?
>> >
>> > Jon

>> > Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>> > Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes
>> > there.
>> > For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>> > bill,
>> > List Manager

>> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.

discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
>To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
>Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Discussion Thread

hansw 1999-11-04 13:27:19 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Jon Anderson 1999-11-04 16:14:43 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-04 18:41:50 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Jon Anderson 1999-11-04 19:01:49 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Dan Mauch 1999-11-05 06:48:37 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 08:00:35 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Jon Anderson 1999-11-05 08:58:10 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 09:17:49 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Jon Anderson 1999-11-05 09:59:22 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Darrell Gehlsen 1999-11-05 10:08:46 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 10:12:50 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 10:33:04 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Darrell Gehlsen 1999-11-05 10:39:40 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE drew@x... 1999-11-05 10:39:50 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Andrew Werby 1999-11-05 02:50:54 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Jon Anderson 1999-11-05 11:53:11 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 12:14:38 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Ian Wright 1999-11-05 15:09:16 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Steve Carlisle 1999-11-05 17:18:22 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 17:15:21 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Andrew Werby 1999-11-05 10:26:17 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-05 19:34:07 UTC Re: Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Ian Wright 1999-11-06 14:57:40 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-06 17:20:43 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Ian Wright 1999-11-07 05:05:47 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-07 10:15:11 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE George Potter 1999-11-07 11:10:47 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE hansw 1999-11-07 11:46:03 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Ian Wright 1999-11-07 15:39:11 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Darrell Gehlsen 1999-11-07 23:55:29 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Marshall Pharoah 1999-11-08 04:41:18 UTC Re: Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE Paul Devey 1999-11-09 14:26:44 UTC Re: Spindle motor drive belts MAXNC 10 UPDATE