CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted

on 2002-02-12 16:18:06 UTC
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the additional pix and comments. The Bandits look like easy
panels to operate. Not too many controls. I didn't see as much "chuck,
spindle etc" controls on it. And with a PC driving the CRT, we'd have a
little more information. Graphics would help, then (like EMC) the XYZ
coordinates would be easier to see. I like seeing the old machines, and
I'd like even better to see them run!

I don't see things like that in the trash around here (Sunnyvale, CA),
nor in the surplus stores.

Best regards,

Alan KM6VV

imserv1 wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Fred,
> >
> > Thanks for the pix and comments. This control panel is nice! I
> get the
> > gist of it, That's a joystick for moves, and an encoder dial
> (handle)?
>
> It's not a Joystick, but rather a unidirectional jog switch with a
> pushbutton on the tip that starts the motion in the selected direction
>
> The big round silver knob is for positioning and moves the X or Z
> axis + and -, which ever is selected on the rotary job selector.
>
> > The keypad would not be hard to interface to. the remainder of the
> > sw's, pots (?) also do-able. But it would be a major effort to do
> the
> > interface and control job (and a shame, if it's already working!).
>
> This machine is in perfect working order, keeping my fingers crossed.
>
> > would be useful to run and study a machine such as this; then one
> (I)
> > would perhaps have a better idea of what controls were necessary and
> > wanted by the operators.
> >

> I put up some more pictures from Fred's Museum of Antique CNC
> controllers. same link, http://www.imsrv.com/images
>
> The Fanuc 5T is just a year or 2 older. The 6T was a major
> technology step forward because of the CRT instead of the LED strip.
> The 5T had an obsolete form of CMOS memory that went out of
> production making it harder and harder to keep them running. Mine
> runs off a BTR only as the memory chips are blown and replacements
> are nearly impossible to find. Controls not visible on the
> operator's panel are the air actuated chuck open and close buttons on
> top of the machine. This machine was very cryptic to operate due to
> the fact that the program could only be viewed one block at a time.
> The LED's along the top strip indicated the Word G M S, etc, and the
> value would be shown in the strip below ( +/- 6 digit number, 4 place
> decimal, Decimal not shown). This is not a good one to emulate for
> user friendliness, but the actual controls, once the editing was
> behind were not too bad.
>
> The Bandit Mill is a machine that I sold on ebay a couple of years
> ago. It is about 1982-5 vintage, a retrofit package.It belonged to
> one of my customers and was their "first" CNC in a long established
> manual tooling/engineering shop. They kept it many years after they
> had switched to high speed Kitamura machines because of the
> sentimental value. ;-)
>
> The AB8400 says Bandit IV because AllenBradley bought out the Bandit
> line and used the trademark on their own designs. It is nothing like
> the older Bandit 1-3. In fact it programs almost identical to EMC,
> which is in part based on Allen Bradley. This conrol is a Pendant
> that extends over the top of the enclosed machining area out to the
> operator. Controls not shown are the tool release button on the left
> [...]

Discussion Thread

IMService 2002-02-12 06:00:54 UTC Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-12 12:59:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6T controller picture posted hllrsr@c... 2002-02-12 14:10:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Wally Daniels 2002-02-12 14:51:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6T controller picture posted imserv1 2002-02-12 16:01:18 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-12 16:18:06 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Jon Elson 2002-02-12 20:31:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Chris L 2002-02-12 20:51:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Brian Pitt 2002-02-12 21:20:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted imserv1 2002-02-12 22:06:33 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Jon Elson 2002-02-12 22:19:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-12 22:23:26 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted CL 2002-02-13 06:07:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Alex Canale 2002-02-13 08:20:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Maxnc Spindle RPM Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 10:49:32 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Andrew Werby 2002-02-13 11:57:28 UTC RE: Maxnc Spindle RPM hllrsr@c... 2002-02-13 14:33:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Chris L 2002-02-13 15:52:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted ballendo 2002-02-14 02:30:59 UTC keyboard jog thoughts was Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted Alex Canale 2002-02-14 06:53:02 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Maxnc Spindle RPM