CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: archive update and request fo input

on 2002-03-24 08:40:28 UTC
Ok-

You asked for input - here's mine.

the message that follows is the first message that is on the list of
messages to be expunged from histoty. What is it about this message
that is so anathema to the sensibilities of our fragile CNC minds
that it warrants the denial of the fact of its existence? all I see
here is a discussion of canned routines, which I for one, think is a
great idea.

I'm sure there are messages that are an embarrassment to parties on
both sides of any flames that may have followed,but I think that they
should stay in the archive as a reminder of our behavior in our less
considered moments.

Courtesy and carefull thought, and not big brother editing of truth,
should be what guides what we want to see in the archives.

Larry Geib

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., batwings@... wrote:
> At 09:36 PM 9/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Would be very interested in your thoughts regarding EMC vs Ahha
> >software. I'm presently running Ahha on a MaxNC mill,
>
> Hello listers! Am just subscribed, saw interesting topic. I am
machinist
> and CNC programmer, have worked manuals for thirty years and CNC
for over
> ten. I converted one of my lathes to CNC (steppers) last year and
wound up
> using I-LPT to run it. I also wrote my own front end for I-LPT, as
though
> it is a serious product with loads of abilities including driving 6-
axes,
> it is tough to write scripts for it out of head, essentially line-
by-line.
> So I wrote program to drive I-LPT, write scripts, save to file and
re-run
> them. I included lots of canned routines for lathe and mill:
turning,
> boring, threading, drilling patterns with pecking, helix,
parameters saved
> in config file, etc, and am now blocking out module for rect
pocket. I use
> it all every day and it is simply marvelous to give it three or four
> numbers and watch it do long strings of motions, and of course if
computer
> writes a script it needs NO checking for spelling or syntax before
you run
> it again.
>
> The software front end is more fully described on my BelFab site,
URL in
> tagline below. I am giving demos for the asking; they are fully
functional
> but shut off action after 40 lines. These run under simple DOS and
on any
> processor you can name, have people making parts with laptops and I
used an
> 8088 in shop til it crapped. The program is simple, easy
(everything is

http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
> Vaccinations kill or injure more kids than the diseases do.

Discussion Thread

Bob Bachman 1999-09-26 21:33:58 UTC Success at Last! Jon Anderson 1999-09-26 21:36:22 UTC Re: Success at Last! batwings@x... 1999-09-26 18:40:22 UTC Re: Success at Last! Robert Bachman 1999-09-28 09:12:25 UTC Re: Success at Last! stratton@x... 1999-09-28 06:30:56 UTC Re: Success at Last! Robert Bachman 1999-09-28 10:37:51 UTC Re: Success at Last! Tim Goldstein 1999-09-28 08:01:24 UTC Re: Success at Last! Jon Elson 1999-09-28 21:48:51 UTC Re: Success at Last! batwings@x... 1999-09-28 18:31:08 UTC Re: Success at Last! Dan Falck 1999-09-29 16:30:43 UTC Re: Success at Last! lorenzojose2000 2002-03-24 08:40:28 UTC Re: archive update and request fo input