CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

OT Banned from YeagerAutomation

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-05-01 03:16:09 UTC
Hello fellow CNC'ers,

Tonight I was banned from a yahoo group. The first time ever.
Yeager Automation (YA), a group for users of CncPRO and AceConverter.
I had been a member since its inception, and had posted quite a few
helpful messages (according to the responses given).

I became aware of this tonight when "My groups" did not list me as a
member of YA. I thought it might be a yahoo blip (but maybe not), so
I rejoined and posted the first message below. Below that are my
posts for this evening. I left the YA group site to take a look at
Jeff Davis's new roll-your-own-preload-ballscrews(nice!), and when I
came back I had been banned.

Lately a lot of YA group members have been concerned by the lack of
support of CncPRO. Doug Yeager, the author, no longer answered direct
group requests for help or advice with his program(s). As others
wondered what to do, I suggested Master5 (and Mach1, its successor)
by Art Fenerty. Art has been giving EXCELLENT support. A fact you can
see by looking at the master5 yahoo group. You can also see the lack
of support given in the last few months by YeagerAutomation in their
yahoo group. (What you won't see is the messages I left recommending
master5 to those who WERE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE! They've been
deleted from the archive... Whether my "other" posts will remain I
will not know)

So this is presented so that you may make your own determination as
to whether you want to use CncPRO; knowing that the moderator of the
group feels the need to censor posts, and ban active members. You can
see that I still answered posts of members that didn't have anything
to do with YA directly:

I understand that some will be pleased to hear of my banning. OK. The
facts are here posted so that others can make up their own minds
about using CncPRO, or other YA products.

Ballendo

First here is the welcome message for the group, sent to all member
upon joining:

>Subject: Welcome to yeagerautomation
>
>Group discussion on products provided by Yeager Automation and
>related issues. Talk about whatever you wish. If there are specific
>bug or feature issues, be aware that i don't read all the posts, so
>you may have to address me directly.
>
>Only one rule: NO FLAMING!
>
>thx,
>doug yeager
>yeager automation

********** tonights posts ******************************************

Hello Jeff, List,

You and others in this group might like to know that my recent
messages were deleted and I was apparently removed from the group.
More than a few messages were removed, and I'm not sure who did it,
but it sure smells of censorship...

Many of these messages were suggestions to try Master5, for Art F
over there IS providing support like Doug USED TO...

The latest one included the statement that "saying you are supporting
a product is not the same as doing so..."

THESE MESSAGES WERE RESPONSES TO OTHERS WHO, LIKE JEFFS MESSAGE
BELOW, ARE WONDERING WHAT TO MAKE OF THE PRESENT SITUATION...

I'd sure like to know what happened?!? Doug, do you know?

As I keep a record of all that I post, I will wait for an answer
here. If none is provided, I will repost my deleted messages in other
CNC groups. (along with this "explanation" note)

Ballendo

P.S. As a member of over 65 groups, none of which were similarly
affected, I DON'T think this was a Yahoo error...

--- In yeagerautomation@y..., "jeffdavis516" <cadman@p...> wrote:
> If Doug has time to answer your messages why can't he send one
little
> note to this group just to say he is around and working? I might
> make some of us feel a little better.
>
> Jeff Davis
> http://www.homecnc.info
>
> --- In yeagerautomation@y..., "Rien Kleinjan" <rienkleinjan@s...>
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > i just recieved a message from Doug Yeager that he is still
> supporting
> > cncpro. So don't worry......he is a busy man.
> > Some people talk about Master5 as an alternative for cncpro. I
did
> compare
> > the programs but i'm sorry for the users of master5.....it is not
> that
> > profesional as it looks.
> >
> > Rien Kleinjan
*
Rian,

I am quite fond of CncPRO. I am frustrated that doug no longer feels
the need to answer questions posed directly to him on this forum,
which I think HE started! (I understand that he may not read it
everyday, but weeks have gone by with no response from him...)

Master5 is as you say limited to 8192 steps/second. It ALSO runs
directly in windows without additional "hardware". Its successor,
Mach1, will not/does not have the same speed limitations. And the
user interface will be user-configurable!

Furthermore, the Master5 CVV IS TRUE CVV, not a one-entity lookahead.
Most important, view the master5 group messages. Look at the time
frame between when a question is asked, and when Art himself answers
it!

After all, the recent threads have been largely about whether this
was a "dead" program or not, And I'm NOT the one posting them...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo (saving a copy just in case)

P.S. rather interesting to see a response to an "unlisted" message,
don't you think?

wrote:
> I'm not only staring at the controls, i'm even trying to work with
master5 ! Master5 is not fast enough to do 4096 pulses/mm at
1500mm/min and cncpro does !
> So if you think Master5 is better thats your choice.

NOT "support",
> IMO...
>
> Ballendo
>
> P.S. With respect to master5, try similar CVV dependent files on
> both. M5 CVV blows CncPRO away! As to the "look" of M5, the new
> version called mach1 will be configurable to support different
looks.
> Besides, its the guts that matter, IMO. Unless you are staring at
the
> control as you are making parts...
>
> --- In yeagerautomation@y..., "Rien Kleinjan" <rienkleinjan@s...>
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > i just recieved a message from Doug Yeager that he is still
> supporting
> > cncpro. So don't worry......he is a busy man.
> > Some people talk about Master5 as an alternative for cncpro. I
did
> compare
> > the programs but i'm sorry for the users of master5.....it is
not
> that
> > profesional as it looks.
> >
> > Rien Kleinjan

*

Randy,

If by "rapiding" you mean an axis move with MDI, then there is an
easy explanation... The need for a jog routine to tightly integrate
itself with the keyboard; which a rapid move to a specific location
does not need. The extra "reads" of the keyboard status could easily
affect the sound you hear as the motor(s) move.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

In yeagerautomation@y..., Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...> wrote:
<snip>
>But I found out that 20ipm jogging is not the same as 20ipm rapiding
>(I can hear the difference in the tone the motors make) I was never
>able to get an explanation from Doug about that.
<snip>
*

Les,

See my previous post to Randy re losing steps. If one does not use
the robotic-grade cable, AND if it is not constrained to a "rolling"
motion (using instead what wire mfrs. call "tick-tock", which is like
holding two ends of a loop and moving them together, apart, together,
apart, etc.); you may find wire failure as early as 15000 cycles. The
SAME cable properly used might make 300,000... a robotics-grade cable
might make 3 million cycles.

Worth knowing, IMO,

Ballendo

--- In yeagerautomation@y..., "paladinironworks"
<paladinironworks@h...> wrote:
> Your lead screw is 20 TPI?
>
> Double check steps per inch.
>
> You should be able to cut .06 deep at about 3 IPM I would think in
> G10 Epoxy glass.
> I hope you get it going, I know the feeling, my plasma cutter
> started losing steps lately.
>
> Les
*

Randy,

Nearly all 3 axis controls default to xy plane for arcs (G17), BUT...

Expressly STATING G17 IS good programming practice! It is part of a
standard safety block, as you surmised. A cnc control should
not "hiccup" on a G17... (so take it out if cncpro requires that you
do so, but keep the habit of including it so you won't be surprised
at other machines.)

= == =|
-o==o-'
> zephyrus@r... http://www.rickadee.net/~zephyrus
*

Discussion Thread

ballendo 2002-05-01 03:16:09 UTC OT Banned from YeagerAutomation dave_ace_me 2002-05-01 04:55:02 UTC Re: OT Banned from YeagerAutomation art 2002-05-01 08:32:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: OT Banned from YeagerAutomation cadcamcenter 2002-05-03 23:02:51 UTC Re: OT Banned from YeagerAutomation Sven Peter 2002-05-04 05:49:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: OT Banned from YeagerAutomation keongsan 2002-05-05 19:47:10 UTC rough motor mariss92705 2002-05-05 22:42:39 UTC Re: rough motor keongsan 2002-05-06 00:00:20 UTC Re: rough motor keongsan 2002-05-06 00:16:33 UTC Re: rough motor keongsan 2002-05-06 00:48:00 UTC Re: rough motor keongsan 2002-05-06 02:01:13 UTC Re: rough motor - loose cable Dan Mauch 2002-05-06 06:47:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: rough motor Jon Elson 2002-05-06 10:40:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: rough motor