CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam

on 2002-07-23 14:38:16 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:

> stevenson_engineers wrote:
>
> > (snip)There is Deskam
> > as you have mentioned, Flashcut and that is about your lot.
>Neither
> > of these come close to Ahha in features and parameters.
>
> Hey John....Patience Laddy...... That was then ! -- FlashCut V2
>WILL not only come "close", but I think it will easily *outdo* the
>rest of them. I'll give a full report when the time comes :-) (and
> it's close!)
>

> Many of you may recall that I ran Ah-Ha for some time, but had to
>ditch it for something that had better continuous contouring. I had
>it on a Router and it was way too slow thru short line segments.
> I would never say it was not robust.... If it was anything, it was
>indeed very stable, trustworthy and predictable. One can certainly
>control a lot of extras with all of that I/O. I guess I could
> see it on a milling machine.... but then again it's DOS .... :-(
>yuch.

Thanks Chris for the reply.
Just as you can see it on a mill which is what I use it for I can
also see the limitations imposed by the contouring on a router. I do
have some new software for constant contouring but to be honest I
would have to upgrade the box from this old faithfull 486 and I have
found the current verion virtually bomb proof, perhaps later...

I personally can't see the limitation with DOS. I also have one Fanuc
and one Heidenhain machine which also work on some form of DOS or
similar. No one ever criticises these two makes. Perhaps it's got
something to do with the fact that these cost upwards of 10K.
After all if you spend this much they have got to be right <g>
If you only spend less than 1K or even use the freeby programs they
have got to be better than the 10K ones ??
No one buys a Fanuc and then complains they can't read their email or
transfer files whilst cutting a wing spar for a 500 Million K jet
fighter.

I gather you are privvy to previews of Flashcut from what you have
wrote. I do hope they release it soon as once Art releases Mach1 this
will dilute the windows controller market.

John S.

Discussion Thread

joelulaw 2002-07-22 08:48:15 UTC AHHA pro vs. Deskam Tim Goldstein 2002-07-22 15:24:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AHHA pro vs. Deskam stevenson_engineers 2002-07-22 17:14:11 UTC Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam joelulaw 2002-07-22 18:00:53 UTC Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam dholness@a... 2002-07-22 20:14:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam Chris L 2002-07-22 20:18:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam stevenson_engineers 2002-07-23 14:38:16 UTC Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam bilg63475 2002-07-27 09:17:12 UTC Re: AHHA pro vs. Deskam