CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parallel Port to Power Supply Grounding Differential

Posted by Vince Negrete
on 2003-07-08 16:52:48 UTC
Yes sir! (I know this is off topic so I wont continue)
I had many many problems for years with my computers. You name it.
Main problem is the sensitivity that a Computer above 2Ghz has. Since AGP
runs .5vdc or 1.5vdc or .8vdc (Video Card) and the motherboard ground (or DC
(-)) is generally the case ground also, and that in turn is same as AC
ground, your computer would reak havok on a regular basis with say 4 to
50VAC total on Ground Loops (or not-really-grounded Grounds...)

I found from one side of my room to another there was almost 50VAC between
all the computers and equipment looping through all the Surge-Protecting
Power Strips. Yikes! Hammered a new ground in at the Power box and Yes
(dont debate this!) Neutral from there does get grounded at the powerbox.
Then every bit of noise related issues were completely gone.. Revelation!
I've since found the offending Power Strips also, and a few other wall wart
transformers were causing alot of the feedback. They have been replaced
also.

Incredible fix, but incredibly simple to check...

Vince