CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!!

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-11 12:46:40 UTC
Glad you have finally gotten some Linux success!!!

I access the web from Linux using a connection to my proxy server through
the network. While this does allow me to download files, I mostly use it to
look up documentation on the web. For files I tend to download them at work
where I have a T-1 line to use and put them on a zip drive than at home I
copy them from the zip on my NT machine and with Samba enabled on the Linux
machines I can just drag and drop the files using Windows NT Explorer. Don't
know if it is possible for you to run some cabling between the machines, but
setting up a network is pretty inexpensive and easy. Use some NE2000
compatible generic PCI NICs and get a basic 5 port hub and you can probably
do it for about $100 - $125.

I have a sound car in one of my Linux machines, but nave not taken any
effort to get it to work.

Tim
[Denver, CO]