CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!!

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-11 13:12:26 UTC
You just ran into the problem that Matt was trying to warn you about. It is
not a reflection upon any problem with your system, but seems to be somehow
related to something in the file that none of us have been able to find or
locate.

Here is an older set of files I have used successfully(I am not including
the files for the duplicate posting I am making to the mailing list as some
mail servers don't like attachments. Let me know if you want to try a copy
of the files I made from Matt's originals). If you want to see them it is OK
to open them in windows (use WordPad as notepad will not recognize the Unix
type end of lines) but DO NOT save the files in windows after you open them.
From your e-mail program save them directly to a disk and on the Linux
machine save them to /usr/local/nist/emc directory.
Then from the /usr/local/nist/emc directory try ./run.mymill
If you get any errors with executing this file try
chmod o+x run.mymill
chmod 777 run.mymill
Then try ./run.mymill again.

What I had to do originally to get the run.64step378 file to work was to
open another of the run scripts that would execute, but had the incorrect
calls (see if ./sim.run works for you if so, use it as a template), open the
file in an Emac and save it as a new name and then copy all of the body from
run.64step378 (everything but the 1st line)and replace everything but the
1st line in my new file with the stuff from Matt's run file. That got me
around the mysterious csh problem you are having. I may have had to run the
chmod commands on the new file, but I don't remember.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Ian W. Wright 1999-07-10 16:40:40 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-10 19:35:51 UTC RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-10 20:04:22 UTC RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Jon Elson 1999-07-10 22:10:54 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Jon Elson 1999-07-10 22:27:34 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Ian W. Wright 1999-07-11 10:18:08 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Matt Shaver 1999-07-11 11:12:36 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Ian W. Wright 1999-07-11 12:19:18 UTC Re: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-11 12:46:40 UTC RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!! Tim Goldstein 1999-07-11 13:12:26 UTC RE: Help Linux Woes Help!!!