CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help?

on 2001-04-27 14:05:26 UTC
Mike,
I also built my DRO using this system and my errors are low (so low in fact
that I have turned this feature OFF). You probably need to look at the
"TIME" function on the main menu and increase it. The program defaults to
10 and I have set mine up to about 30 to minimize the error problem.
I used audio cable that has only one shield per cable and my longest cable
is approximately 5' long. Also, ALL grounds (electrical and shield) should
terminate at a SINGLE point to avoid ground loops. Also look around your
shop for something that may be causing spurious signals to get into your
system (fluorescent lights) etc that may be in close proximity to your
cables. Is your interface enclosed in a metal box (and grounded)??
Also look for possible poor electrical connections. Either mechanical or
solder joints can look pretty but be inferior when it comes to a good
electrical connection.

Hope this gives you a good start on finding the problem, but if not; let me
know and we will try harder:-})

At 11:34 AM 4/27/01, you wrote:
>Hello!
>I have built a DRO using the design provided by Steve Lindsay.
>I have used 360 cpi strips and encoders from US Digital.
>I have done my best to follow the directions provided.
>I did, however, not use the indevidualy shielded wire. I used a 4
>conductor with a single shield around the entire cable.
>It seems to have connectivity, but I get a huge amount of errors. I
>was trying to avoid buying the more expensive wire, but do you think
>this is the problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

mjohnson@h... 2001-04-27 08:44:24 UTC Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? jguenther@l... 2001-04-27 10:28:36 UTC Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? A. G. Eckstein 2001-04-27 14:05:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? mjohnson@h... 2001-05-04 20:33:51 UTC Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? stratton@m... 2001-05-04 21:45:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? A. G. Eckstein 2001-05-05 04:18:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? A. G. Eckstein 2001-05-05 04:44:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-05-05 12:16:07 UTC Re: Having problems with Lindsay design DRO... Could you please help?