CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: can you scale a part using Dolphin CAD/CAM

on 2001-12-15 12:53:51 UTC
Hello list

within the Dolphin CAD program there are two methods
of Scaling :-

1) Set a Drawing Scale Factor e.g. For drawing 1:25.

From the main menu normally situated at the top of the screen:-

Select menu item 'VIEW
\PROPERTIES
\PAGE SETUP'
The 'Page Setup' dialogue has a Scale Factor
item which the user can set.

All items in a drawing may be scaled of if the user wishes
to draw a scaled detailed view of a particular section of
the component the method is to :-

Draw the component at the normal scale (say 1:1).

Set Scale for detailed area (say 1:10).

Draw detailed feature at new scale.

2) If a particular piece of Geometry is to be scaled by say
4% for a shrinkage factor then it can be collected as a
Symbol (Object) and subsequently the Symbol can be Scaled,
Rotated, Mirrored, repeated or otherwise manipulated. To
give a Pocket Contour a 4% shrinkage allowance the Symbol
Scale factor is set to 1.04.

The CAM module also has the ability to scale a Part Program,
two examples of this are :-

1) If a particular CNC controller will only accept Inch units
then the CAM system can be set to always scale to Inches
regardless of the units used in the part program i.e.
If the part program is in Inches then scale factor is
1 but if the part program is in Metric then the scale
factor is 1/25.4.

2) Lathes Diameter/Radius Programming - With CNC Lathe controllers
the 'X' dimension may be in Radius or Diameter values, the
Post processor will scale the X value accordingly.

Regards

michael