CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

more Re: tool comp

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-04-13 04:34:45 UTC
Hoyt,

Another source for the type of info you are looking for is OLD cnc
machine programming manuals. Many had detailed info about how the
cutter comp was handled. In short, to achieve cutter radius
compensation you need to look ahead at least TWO blocks. Many of the
old controls looked ahead five blocks in case there were "non-XY
motion" blocks interspersed, which would have otherwise broken the
cutcomp calcs. One thing that is easy to forget is the velocity
changes necessary to keep the feedrate consistent with the
programmed "f" word, when performing cutcomped moves.

As for EMC, the cutcomp is in the 274NGC interpreter section. This is
the part which "reads" the gcode and outputs canonical commands to
the rest of the system. The canonical commands will be easily
translated into IX-LPT "motor" calls... There is a lot of
interaction going on between other parts of the EMC system, but for
your usage, much of it can be ignored. (You will want to understand
these other modules later as you begin to implement CVV/ trajectory
planning) Trust me, you WILL get there eventually<G>

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

P.S. Looking for IJK to discern arc when you have a "2" or "3" (from
G02, or G03 seems like backtracking to me. The structure of your
array should allow for these modals to be "kept" until replaced. IMO,
this is a good place for a UDT. This UDT can then be used in an array
of sufficient depth to accomodate any lookahead needed.

http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
> Hamas vows revenge against perpetrators of the USS Stark incident

Discussion Thread

Ken Jenkins 2002-04-01 06:07:45 UTC Re: US Digital linear strips vrsculptor 2002-04-01 08:33:02 UTC Re: US Digital linear strips onecooltoolfool 2002-04-01 08:48:44 UTC Re: US Digital linear strips batwings@i... 2002-04-02 06:59:24 UTC tool comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-02 10:33:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool comp batwings@i... 2002-04-02 17:36:59 UTC tool comp Jon Elson 2002-04-02 21:58:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool comp batwings@i... 2002-04-03 05:52:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-03 16:14:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tool comp ballendo 2002-04-13 04:05:51 UTC Re: tool comp ballendo 2002-04-13 04:34:45 UTC more Re: tool comp batwings@i... 2002-04-13 06:13:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] more Re: tool comp Lee Wenger 2002-04-13 09:29:14 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Real-Time measurement Doug Fortune 2002-04-13 16:14:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Real-Time measurement Ian W. Wright 2002-04-14 00:08:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Real-Time measurement ballendo 2002-04-15 08:52:53 UTC Re: Real-Time measurement