CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mobilitiy, machine skates

John wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know about machine skates. I am seriously close to
> asking my school if I can buy their Bridgeport. It's going to be a joke
> moving it out of the classroom where it's sat for 40 odd year but at some
> point I should be able to attach some machine skates. I plan to set it down
> in my mum's garage and she really doesn't want it to be stuck in one place.
> So I was wondering how easy is it to move something like a Bridgeport once
> it's on skates? Could one or two people push one? I know ideally it
> shouldn't really move but life is, as always, far from ideal in this case.

It's pretty easy to move a Series I machine with a crowbar and 3 small steel
pipes. You have to watch the center of gravity, and you really don't want to
try machining with it up on any lifting device that reduces stability at all!
Some long-table models come very close to tipping over when the table is
run to the extreme position. Bridgeport requires that the machine be bolted
to the floor during the installation, but I don't know many places where
that is actually done.

John 2002-07-04 16:22:18 UTC Mobilitiy, machine skates Marcus & Eva 2002-07-04 18:47:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mobilitiy, machine skates Jon Elson 2002-07-04 22:42:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mobilitiy, machine skates Ian W. Wright 2002-07-05 01:45:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mobilitiy, machine skates bjammin@i... 2002-07-05 04:28:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mobilitiy, machine skates rekmac 2002-07-05 06:25:13 UTC Re: Mobilitiy, machine skates Brian Pitt 2002-07-05 13:56:13 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Mobilitiy, machine skates