CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Build CNC Plasma cutting Table

on 2003-05-07 14:25:32 UTC
Chris,

We have some small parts to make out of galvanized
sheets. On a given day they can ask us to make 1000 -
1500 pieces.
I calculated it would take me around 4 weeks to make
1000 of these things manually.
Because I have to cut the sheet in 5cm strips, then
cut the strips again in 11cm pieces, then drill 4x
1/2" holes, then 2x 3/16" holes, then bend it to make
a U form.

Lucky for us we have an Ironworker, but stil the
manual labor is alot.

Naturally I want to build a machine that I could use
for other purpuses later on

Deborah

=== message truncated ===