CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question

Posted by cadcamclub
on 2003-05-14 19:01:16 UTC
Hi Kevin,

> gray. My next question, since I've never seen one of these run from
> any sort of driver, I was wondering if mine is running correct.
Slow
> at the start, kind of choppy, then it speeds up if I jog over .25".
> Is this right?

Are you driving the motors direct from the DeskCNC boards?????? since
you said you haven't seen them run from any drivers????? The boards
only output 5V pulses (steps and direction signals). If so we have a
novel way of driving motors!!!!

Anyway, what I have seen is motors jerking when moved at slow pulse
rate with half-stepping drivers and much smoother when driven at
higher pulse rates and they are all connected correctly. I think to
see if they are running correctly, all you have to do is to measure
if they are being moved the distance commmanded.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinh@w...> wrote:
> Ok, I got my steppers to run only when I used the blue-red and
green-
> gray. My next question, since I've never seen one of these run from
> any sort of driver, I was wondering if mine is running correct.
Slow
> at the start, kind of choppy, then it speeds up if I jog over .25".
> Is this right?
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinh@w...> wrote:
> > I am in the process of hooking my 6 wire vextas up to my DeskCNC
> > controller. I thought my motors were like some shown in the file
> > section but they are not. Mine are PK268M-02A if that helps. Here
> is
> > a ascii copy of the diagram that came with them.
> >
> > Blue Yellow Red
> > | | |
> > | | |
> > ----////////////////////----
> >

> > Green ------|
> > / *
> > / * *
> > / * * *
> > White ------/ * *
> > / *
> > /
> > /
> >
> > I tried red-yellow and green-white, but all my motor does is make
> > noise and vibrate, no shaft rotation. Am I using the correct
wires
> > or do I have a different problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kevin

Discussion Thread

Kevin 2003-05-14 16:18:03 UTC What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 16:58:46 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 17:03:47 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? forumtvm 2003-05-14 17:16:20 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 17:36:54 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Kevin 2003-05-14 18:21:25 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question cadcamclub 2003-05-14 19:01:16 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question Kevin 2003-05-14 19:17:08 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question IMService 2003-05-15 07:26:09 UTC Re: Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question