CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question

Posted by Kevin
on 2003-05-14 19:17:08 UTC
I have the controller/driver combo.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamclub"
<cadcamclub@y...> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> > gray. My next question, since I've never seen one of these run
from
> > any sort of driver, I was wondering if mine is running correct.
> Slow
> > at the start, kind of choppy, then it speeds up if I jog
over .25".
> > Is this right?
>
> Are you driving the motors direct from the DeskCNC boards??????
since
> you said you haven't seen them run from any drivers????? The
boards
> only output 5V pulses (steps and direction signals). If so we have
> novel way of driving motors!!!!
>
> Anyway, what I have seen is motors jerking when moved at slow
pulse
> rate with half-stepping drivers and much smoother when driven at
> higher pulse rates and they are all connected correctly. I think
> see if they are running correctly, all you have to do is to
measure
> if they are being moved the distance commmanded.
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinh@w...>
wrote:
> > Ok, I got my steppers to run only when I used the blue-red and
> green-
> > gray. My next question, since I've never seen one of these run
from
> > any sort of driver, I was wondering if mine is running correct.
> Slow
> > at the start, kind of choppy, then it speeds up if I jog
over .25".
> > Is this right?
> >

> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kevinh@w...>
wrote:
> > > I am in the process of hooking my 6 wire vextas up to my
DeskCNC
> > > controller. I thought my motors were like some shown in the
file
> > > section but they are not. Mine are PK268M-02A if that helps.
Here
> > is
> > > a ascii copy of the diagram that came with them.
> > >
> > > Blue Yellow Red
> > > | | |
> > > | | |
> > > ----////////////////////----
> > >

> > > Green ------|
> > > / *
> > > / * *
> > > / * * *
> > > White ------/ * *
> > > / *
> > > /
> > > /
> > >
> > > I tried red-yellow and green-white, but all my motor does is
make
> > > noise and vibrate, no shaft rotation. Am I using the correct
> wires
> > > or do I have a different problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Kevin

Discussion Thread

Kevin 2003-05-14 16:18:03 UTC What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 16:58:46 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 17:03:47 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? forumtvm 2003-05-14 17:16:20 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Fred Smith 2003-05-14 17:36:54 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect? Kevin 2003-05-14 18:21:25 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question cadcamclub 2003-05-14 19:01:16 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question Kevin 2003-05-14 19:17:08 UTC Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question IMService 2003-05-15 07:26:09 UTC Re: Re: What stepper wires to connect?-next question