CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software

Posted by geostabilizer
on 2006-02-01 13:35:00 UTC
Hello Brad,
Yes, it's good to have options. CNC type programs that could take a
Rhino, Turbo CAD, or Corel dxf file and turn it into suitable code
to operate a Galil controller for the purpose of laser cutting and
etching were non-existent or too expensive for what they did. So I
developed my own program to suit my needs. Of course, having
a "free" controller card eased the expense side.
Yes, Galil boards are expensive. But I can attest, they work and are
extremely robust! This was important to me because I built a "one-
of-a-kind" system for laser processing and wanted it functional
ASAP. As a software developer I don't mean to pound on the servo
system too much (only destroyed one motor) but it was nice the galil
card could take a beating.

I don't know about Jon Elson's interface board. I will look into it.
In the mean time, I have been working on interfaces to the Douloi
Motion Servo Block, and Delta Tau.

About a prior post on installation problems:
It turned out on my test PC I had a older release that InstallShield
had not comply removed. I have retested the gdmc demo version at:
http://www.goldtreesystems.com/testing.htm
and it is safe to install.

Thanks, George

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <camden_blue@...>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Does this mean we now have another option other than EMC to
control
> servo closed loop systems? I think there is a huge group of people
like
> myself wanting a windows based software solution to driving
servos. So
> far the only option for closed loop thats cost effective is EMC.
The
> second problem is interfacing to a computer without the need to
selling
> off ones first born to pay for the interface. Galil boards are
> expensive.
>
> Jon Elson is the only guy I know that makes an interface board
that
> works for closed loop and is availible for a reasonable cost. Is
there
> a chance your software will also work with Jon's boards?
>
> The worlds waiting for your improved "mouse trap".
>
> Brad
>

> Announcement: Galil controller software demo.
> > >
> > > After many hours of designing and testing I have finally
developed
> > > 4-azis motion controller program application, called gdmc,
that
> > does
> > > adequate commanding of a Galil DMC18xx PCI based servo
controller
> > > card. I use for it for 100 watt CO2 laser cutting and etching
> > > projects. Not too long ago it could only convert VisualMill
> > > generated gcode files into the appropriate DMC commands. Now
it
> > can
> > > do processing of dxf drawing files directly.

Discussion Thread

geostabilizer 2006-01-30 16:42:53 UTC dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-01-30 19:38:37 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-01-30 19:39:55 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software Brad 2006-01-31 15:14:49 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-02-01 13:35:00 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software Shawncd 2006-02-01 17:37:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software Shawncd 2006-02-01 17:38:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software Shawncd 2006-02-01 17:46:19 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-02-01 19:30:32 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software shawncd@p... 2006-02-02 11:20:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-02-06 07:25:23 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software shawncd@p... 2006-02-06 11:02:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software Shawncd 2006-02-07 19:29:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software geostabilizer 2006-02-08 09:57:59 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software GutZ 2010-12-22 05:44:26 UTC Re: dxf to gcode to Galil DMC software