CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Request help from group

on 2001-07-23 19:04:56 UTC
Stan,

I don't understand all your design parameters, but I accomplished
something similiar without too much expense and work.

In my case it was to power a Diacro rotary bender. I wrapped the OD
of the table with a length of roller chain (kind of like making the
OD into a gear). The rotation was powered by by a hydraulic motor
with a small sprocket which meshed with the OD "gear". Same thing
might be done with a pnuematic motor, although hydraulics provide
much, much more possible torque.

Incidently, In case you find a way to do your project with an air
cylinder, most all pnuematic cylinders and components can be run off
low pressure hydraulics since the newer seals will withstand the
effects of the hydraulic fluid. With hydraulics you can safely run
the cylinders up to at least 250psi making for a much shorter lever
arm. Hydraulic pumps can be a problem finding at a bargain price,
I've been told auto power steering pumps make a good substitute
(never tried it myself).

Doug

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/