CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Harbor Freight Micro Mill 47158

Posted by Jack Sullivan
on 2003-02-13 13:51:13 UTC
Mario,
Yes, I like these mini mills too. However, the rack z
axis drive is terrible, and I take a dim view of the
nylon gears in the gearbox, so I am in process of
converting to acme screw z axis, and belt drive,
getting rid of all gears, for smoother, quiter, more
trouble free operation. I may eventually move to cnc,
so if you find least expensive way to make that
conversion, I would appreciate hearing about it
jsullivan1051@... Best, Jack

--- "miadsgns <MIADSGNS@...>" <MIADSGNS@...>

=====
<P> </P>