CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech

on 2007-08-21 03:29:54 UTC
If you want performance you need to go to commercial drives and motors.
Then you should also have a high performance CNC like the MachineMate CNC
which is a reasonable price CNC but major performance. Any questions let me
know.

Harko

On 8/21/07, Mark Vaughan <mark@...> wrote:

> I was talking to one of our regulars at a machining exhibition a few
> days
> ago. It seems this problem loosing steps is common on several other small
> CNC stepper driven machines unless unrealistic feed rates are used. The
> manufacturer of his machines is using a closed loop control board to
> eradicate such problems which has allowed slightly higher feeds (still
> quite
> slow in my books), rather tan using bigger steppers.
>
> The feeling I got was that you may not be alone, and there may be many
> many
> people suffering the same problem, but ashamed to say so on the groups
> thinking it is their personal machine build problem, or lacking the
> essentials to have even proved their machine so totally unaware of the
> problems.
>
> It would be nice to have an idea how many others have this problem.
> Someone
> has stated you should be sending a solicitor's letter to Super-Tech, but
> if
> theirs is similar to everyone else's, then there's fits what one should
> expect, even if it is poor.
>
> The closed loop PCB may be available to use on other machines, I'll ask my
> colleague off group (If I remain part of this group). There is also
> Mariss's
> new stepper control development that would sort the problem.
>
> I have been building a large CNC mill for the past year with various
> development problems. When I started the project I was of the opinion that
> my mill is a fairly standard size, with common 4.5nm servos and should not
> be any problem. Over the year I have discovered there are many servo card
> manufacturers that in reality have technology close to the stone age,
> making
> claims they cannot possibly deliver and nieve in a field they claim to be
> experts. We find ourselves here mixed with cheap DIY quality kit, and
> professional quality kit, all being sold in the DIY field with very wildly
> mixed results, it is very difficult to tell which is which. I except you
> have spent a lot of money and expect it to work, bear in mind I have spent
> thousands of pounds and countless hours on several sets of useless servo
> cards, I now have a commercial set which cost twice the price of the DIY
> ones, as far as performance goes there is no comparison, the DIY stuff was
> near scrap from day one. It seems in this game there is a big cash spiral
> which it is very difficult not to find yourself climbing on.
>
> Regs Mark
>
> Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU
>
> Managing Director
>
> Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068
>
> Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351
>
> Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
> Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288
>
> RSGB DRM111(Cornwall)
>
> _____

Lurch 2007-08-20 07:48:38 UTC supertech R Rogers 2007-08-20 12:57:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] supertech Lurch 2007-08-20 18:15:36 UTC Re: supertech Harko Schwartz 2007-08-21 03:29:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech Paul Kelly 2007-08-21 04:49:13 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech Lester Caine 2007-08-21 10:17:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech Paul Kelly 2007-08-21 16:19:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech Jon Elson 2007-08-21 18:01:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech vrsculptor 2007-08-21 21:12:43 UTC Re: supertech Lurch 2007-08-21 21:14:58 UTC Solved [was Re: supertech] Paul Kelly 2007-08-21 21:48:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solved [was Re: supertech] Jon Elson 2007-08-21 22:58:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: supertech caudlet 2007-08-22 09:35:46 UTC Solved [was Re: supertech] Jim DuBois 2007-08-22 22:04:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solved [was Re: supertech] Andy Wander 2007-08-23 12:27:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solved [was Re: supertech] art 2007-08-23 20:33:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solved [was Re: supertech] jwettroth 2007-08-24 17:05:27 UTC Re: supertech