CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine

on 2005-08-10 09:29:24 UTC
If Mach has a Modicon output, that is a serial output and could tell a
PIC what to do. then the PIC just sits there happily.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@a...>
wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> Cc Dave,
>
> The RF format follows the "servo" format used in the R/C world. A PWM
> signal designed to control an R/C servo. The pulse width varies
around a
> center of 1.5 mS (.5 - 2mS), and the pulse is repeated at a 20 mS rate.
> There are PIC controllers to run R/C servos that can do this. The robot
> guys use 'em all the time.
>
> It would be difficult to control this R/C servo with Gcode, unless
it was
> the only thing the controller did! A special PWM signal (which
would have
> to run continuous) would be needed.
>
> A PIC controller could be devised to take step/dir signals and ramp
up/down
> a continuous PWM signal (1 "slot" in about 10). In this case, the CNC
> controller would generate an "up" direction and a few pulses to set the
> speed to the desired level.
>
> I like the idea of the high speed R/C spindle, just what I need for PCB
> work. I take it I can look for an "AXi 2826/10" motor at my local hobby
> store? How much?
>
> "continuous pulses" That's an oxymoron! The pulses are no doubt TTL
(.5V
> low, 4.5V hi) signals of sorts, it's the generation of them that is
a little
> more complex. And this stream of pulses doesn't start/stop like the
axis
> moves do. The "1 in 10" may be thought of as "time slots", if one were
> running 10 channels of servos (!), then the time allotted to one
servo would
> be similar to what's being described.
>
> Chuck, an old friend of mine from the "Homebrew Robotics club" (Silicon
> Valley, circa '86) has a good write up.
>
> http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/robotics/projects/servo.html
>
> Humm... That's a good circuit for an H-bridge, if the FETs are big
enough,
> (or half an H-bridge) ...could drive your motor. And the PIC code
could
> be modified to take an occasional step/dir command to set the spindle
> speed. COOL!
>
> Alan KM6VV
>

> > Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop
> > machine
> >
> > hey everyone,
> > I am building a small desktop 3D milling machine and needed a
> > brushless motor for the main spindle. I got sick up and fed of
> > changing brushes on the prototype I built, and a brushless motor will
> > also be much quieter for indoor use and last a whole lot longer.
> > I purchased a model aeroplane motor - AXi 2826/10 motor (rotating
> > outer housing for better torque and the rotor doesn't throw off it's
> > windings) with an "easy 25" 25amp controller and I need to know how
> > the controller signals are sent from the RF module to the controler
> > and the type of pulses. In the "easy 25" instructions it lists
> [...]

Discussion Thread

baccus61 2005-08-10 03:02:35 UTC Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine turbulatordude 2005-08-10 06:22:43 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Paul Kelly 2005-08-10 06:52:31 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Robert Blumer 2005-08-10 07:21:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine pydick 2005-08-10 07:42:37 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine turbulatordude 2005-08-10 08:35:37 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Alan Marconett 2005-08-10 09:12:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine turbulatordude 2005-08-10 09:29:24 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Alan Marconett 2005-08-10 10:09:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine turbulatordude 2005-08-10 10:26:11 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Alan Marconett 2005-08-10 10:35:39 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ModBus, PIC speed control turbulatordude 2005-08-10 12:30:23 UTC Re: ModBus, PIC speed control Stephen Wille Padnos 2005-08-10 12:34:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: ModBus, PIC speed control baccus61 2005-08-10 17:21:30 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 17:28:52 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 17:39:21 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 17:52:57 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 18:00:38 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine Paul Kelly 2005-08-10 18:12:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine KM6VV 2005-08-10 18:39:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 18:50:14 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-10 19:08:08 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine David Bloomfield 2005-08-11 06:57:39 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine baccus61 2005-08-12 06:23:26 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine carbonsteelsam 2005-08-24 16:28:55 UTC Re: Brushless Motor Spindle with CNC desktop machine