CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current

on 2005-10-24 17:45:33 UTC
Alan, thanks for taking the time. Don't worry, I'm not offended by someone
waving a BS flag , I'd rather learn this now vs, later after I've spent the
$$.

I had settled on a cnc4pc break out board and a charge pump run through
Gecko 202's and a 34 size motors but this kind of side-tracked me. I'm
looking to build the simplest [ as far as figuring out electronics] system
by purchaseing all the pre-made boards and what not that I can off the
shelf. Yet I didn't want to buy a complete off the shelf system as that was
to big of a jump in price.. somewhere in between was the plan. I've been
reading cnc sites and posts for 2 weeks straight [ at least 5 hrs per night
as well as weekends and coffee breaks @ work ] so.. I'm getting a grasp but
still missing some key points which will hopefully be filled in over time.
I'm wondering about the Rex board by Gecko, what does that do vs, a
break-out board? Any recommendations for breakout boards that work great w/
Mach 3? I've got many more questions but I'll leave those for later for
now I'm off the the yahoo file section for more reading!

Thanks
Jarrett Johnson