CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: low cost stepper driver

Posted by jeffalanp
on 2012-06-26 16:38:30 UTC
Hi,

I'm not sure what your question is in regards to, but an encoder attached to a servo motor is usually run at +5V. While it might be possible to disconnect the encoder while it is powered up and not sustain any damage, you should power down the voltage to the encoder before connecting or disconnecting it it.

A servo motor and its associated encoder can be used in conjunction with an appropriate servo motor controller to provide controlled motion, similar to a stepper motor and drive combined along with a step source.

Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Nelson Collar <nel2lar@...> wrote:

> Jeff
> Can the coder be disconected from a servo, or how and what can I use servo motors for? Thanks for any info.
> Nelson Collar

turbulatordude 2012-06-25 17:51:22 UTC low cost stepper driver Ron Thompson 2012-06-26 04:33:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver Jamie Cunningham 2012-06-26 04:55:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-06-26 06:06:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver Ron Thompson 2012-06-26 06:53:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-06-26 07:16:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver Dan Mauch 2012-06-26 07:43:39 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver jeffalanp 2012-06-26 11:54:37 UTC Re: low cost stepper driver Nelson Collar 2012-06-26 12:58:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: low cost stepper driver Dr Stuart Harrison 2012-06-26 15:00:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver jeffalanp 2012-06-26 16:38:30 UTC Re: low cost stepper driver Nelson Collar 2012-06-26 18:18:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: low cost stepper driver jeffalanp 2012-06-27 11:50:50 UTC Re: low cost stepper driver David G. LeVine 2012-06-27 17:33:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: low cost stepper driver John Dammeyer 2012-06-28 17:35:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: low cost stepper driver Lester Caine 2012-06-30 06:45:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] low cost stepper driver John Dammeyer 2012-06-30 06:50:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: low cost stepper driver artgartg 2012-09-30 19:44:58 UTC Re: low cost stepper driver Ron Ginger 2012-10-01 04:23:09 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver turbulatordude 2012-10-01 04:41:13 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver Jamie Cunningham 2012-10-01 05:01:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver rwwink 2012-10-01 06:13:45 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Jeffrey Birt 2012-10-01 06:49:39 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver John Dammeyer 2012-10-01 08:34:28 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver David G. LeVine 2012-10-01 12:22:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-10-01 13:15:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Ron Thompson 2012-10-01 13:59:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver turbulatordude 2012-10-01 16:57:37 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver Dr Stuart Harrison 2012-10-01 20:27:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-10-01 22:51:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Lester Caine 2012-10-02 00:23:21 UTC Re: ***SPAM*** [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver wotisname 2012-10-02 04:20:51 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver artgartg 2012-10-02 12:10:13 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver artgartg 2012-10-02 12:10:41 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver artgartg 2012-10-02 12:10:56 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver Joe 2012-10-02 12:11:27 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver Stephen Muscato 2012-10-02 12:31:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver John Dammeyer 2012-10-02 22:15:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-10-03 02:46:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver turbulatordude 2012-10-03 04:36:09 UTC Re:low cost stepper driver Tony Smith 2012-10-03 08:31:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:low cost stepper driver