CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2004-09-04 11:18:53 UTC
I was confused because your message said you bypassed the Geckos.

Guess YOU were confused, too! :)

I know how it is when something WORKS!

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Clark
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 9/4/2004 2:11 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving

No the pulse generator drives the Geckos in place of the stepper
motion card. In fact the problem seems isolated to the software
setup! The Geckos run that high torque motor as well as the Anaheim
drive does. Nothing wrong with the Geckos. Looks like my original
motors could have been used and that I wasted a lot of money due to
the stepper motion card. At least all I have to do is fool with the
motion card and not the drives and motors anymore. Sure feels good
to have a better handle on the situation.

Went back and connected all the wires as originally done and
everything works! No bad stepper board only bad operator... (per Mr
Miagi)

I just finished manipulating the acel and decel parameters. I
realized that the instructions taked about a value rounded to the
nearest factor of 1024. So I started up the rapidspeed values by 200
at a time. When it stalled, I increased the acel value bu 1024
until it started moving again, then increasing the rapidspeed by 200
etc. I got all the way to 2500 steps/second in rapidspeed and or
about 75 ipm! Above that I just can't get it going.

That sounds fantastic, but then when I try to run the machine,it
stalls again. Looks like the axes are not oiled well so I am
running a program to run the axes back and forth while actuating the
lubricating system. It looks like I have the potential to go 75
ipm! The whole problem was in the accel values. I can't believe
Cam Soft could not or would not help me with those settings. They
seemed to have no clue and just kept saying all machines are
different. They also stated that the acel and rapidspeed values
were not interrelated. They are very much interellated my this
morning's experience.

Well, the world is not so bad after all. I guess I can go on living
now that I have a machine that at least will make parts. What a
relief. I don't have high speed rapids but am thankful no more
purchases are necessary for now at least.

Persistence pays off.

Keith Clark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Andy Wander <awander@v...>
wrote:
> Keith:
>
> The pulse generator is driving the motors directly?
>
> Without the Geckos?
>
> Andy Wander
> Verrex Corporation

THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Keith Clark 2004-09-04 05:51:37 UTC Gecko Bridgeport saga continues Andy Wander 2004-09-04 07:14:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko Bridgeport saga continues Keith Clark 2004-09-04 11:11:09 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Andy Wander 2004-09-04 11:18:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving vavaroutsos 2004-09-04 11:58:02 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Keith Clark 2004-09-04 13:15:26 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Ron K 2004-09-04 13:24:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? vavaroutsos 2004-09-04 15:04:50 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-04 16:26:23 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Raymond Heckert 2004-09-04 19:07:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Stephen Wille Padnos 2004-09-04 19:08:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-04 19:26:37 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Keith Clark 2004-09-04 19:31:10 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Stephen Wille Padnos 2004-09-04 19:54:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Jon Elson 2004-09-04 20:46:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 05:17:55 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 05:26:56 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? vavaroutsos 2004-09-05 09:31:45 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 16:02:16 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment?