CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving

Posted by vavaroutsos
on 2004-09-04 11:58:02 UTC
Keith, for the money you spent on CamSoft and new motors, I would
demand more than 75ipm. My BOSS 6 had rapids of 110-120ipm with the
POS factory control. I know your original motors should be capable of
the same, and I would hope your new motors are capable of even more.
I think the geckos should be able to get you somewhere near 120ipm.
You really need to get a scope on the step/dir lines to the geckos
and see what's going on. How fast will the machine go using the
standalone pulse generator?

~petev

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Clark" <mail@t...>
wrote:
> No the pulse generator drives the Geckos in place of the stepper
> motion card. In fact the problem seems isolated to the software
> setup! The Geckos run that high torque motor as well as the
Anaheim
> drive does. Nothing wrong with the Geckos. Looks like my original
> motors could have been used and that I wasted a lot of money due to
> the stepper motion card. At least all I have to do is fool with
the
> motion card and not the drives and motors anymore. Sure feels good
> to have a better handle on the situation.
>
> Went back and connected all the wires as originally done and
> everything works! No bad stepper board only bad operator... (per
Mr

wanliker@a...,
> > timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> reach it if
> > you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for OT
> > subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING
> THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Keith Clark 2004-09-04 05:51:37 UTC Gecko Bridgeport saga continues Andy Wander 2004-09-04 07:14:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko Bridgeport saga continues Keith Clark 2004-09-04 11:11:09 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Andy Wander 2004-09-04 11:18:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving vavaroutsos 2004-09-04 11:58:02 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Keith Clark 2004-09-04 13:15:26 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Ron K 2004-09-04 13:24:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? vavaroutsos 2004-09-04 15:04:50 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-04 16:26:23 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Raymond Heckert 2004-09-04 19:07:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Stephen Wille Padnos 2004-09-04 19:08:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-04 19:26:37 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga improving Keith Clark 2004-09-04 19:31:10 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Stephen Wille Padnos 2004-09-04 19:54:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Jon Elson 2004-09-04 20:46:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 05:17:55 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 05:26:56 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? vavaroutsos 2004-09-05 09:31:45 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment? Keith Clark 2004-09-05 16:02:16 UTC Re: Gecko Bridgeport saga - Gib adjustment?