CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings

on 2003-08-01 14:19:45 UTC
---
Hi Alan,

I will have to check the swing and cable when I get to work.

The 5 Volt to the + term on the SSR is from the games port
(pin1...this does work) and the ground term on the SSR is connected
to the pin 1 into the PP port. Is this wired wrong?

The machine runs and appears to do all its movements execept for the
SSR part not working.

Thanks

Shelby

In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV
<KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi Shelby,
>
> The 110V Crydom SSS sounds like what I use. You should be able to
put a
> digital meter across the input of the SSS and see the voltage
swing. If
> not, check the wiring. Some "printer" cables DON'T have all 25
wires.
> Make sure yours do.
>
> Humm, 4-32 would cut down your noise immunity a little. TTL swings
> about .4 - 4.5V. And some parallel ports (especially notebook
> computers) can't swing that far. SSS also require a minimum
OUTPUT SIDE
> voltage, I think the Crydom's is about 48V.
>
> So first, determine the voltage swing that you have across the
input
> pins. If the swing (in response to M03 and M05 commands) is NOT
there,
> try another cable and/or PC, and check the port address setting in
the
> controller program.
>
> If the switch operation is backwards, reverse the controller
program
> setting.
>
> Check the +5V supplied to the + terminal of the SSS. This supply
must
> have it's ground connected to the computer's ground (pins 18-25 of
PP
> cable).
>
> In fact, why not substitute a LED and a 220 ohm resistor in series
for
> the SSS? Connect it like the little symbols for the SSS.
>
> Are you already using this PP for the stepper signals (I would
assume)?
> do they run? That checks out quite a lot. The LED and resistor
can
> also be connected to your direction pin for one of the motors.
Moving
> first forward and then reverse should toggle the LED.
>
> HTH
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> shelbyshepherd2002 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Allan,
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > The SSR I'm using is an ESR brand model ESR 2002400300 4-32 Vdc
> > input and 240 Vac 3 amp output
> > Jan Rowland suggested last week that I use a Crydom SSR model
> > D2W202F 3-32Vdc, nominal Input Impedance 1500 Ohm, Typical Input
> > Current @ 5volt 3.0 mAdc, Must Turn On Voltage 3.0 Vdc, Must Turn
> > Off Voltage 1.0 Vdc.
> > (The ESR brand was the lowest voltage I could procure as I'm in
New
> > Zealand and some parts are really hard to source)
> >
> > Web site for ESR company:
> > http://web3.eceusa.com:9000/product/product_index.htm.
> >
> > It is turning a 110 Vac, 5VA solinoid on and off for an air
> > cylinder.
> >
> > You say it needs to be 3 - 30 volt control type, the unit that is
> > being used is 4-32 volt, could this be the problem why it may
not be
> > working?
> >
> > Here is the G code for the CNC Pro for the user defined output
> > switches: http://www.yeagerautomation.com/specs.htm
> > M03 user defined output 1 on
> > M04 user defined output 4 on
> > M05 user defined output 1 & 4 off
> > M07 user defined output 2 on
> > M08 user defined output 3 on
> > M09 user defined output 2 & 3 off
> > M10 user defined output 4 on
> > M11 user defined output 4 off
> >
> > I got a bit lost on the computer language below, how would you
apply
> > that?
> >
> > Thanks again. Great newsgroup.
> >
> > Shelby
> >
> > Mariss from Gecko if you are reading this.....I have not received
> > the Gecko driver yet for Sam @ Global Electronics, Christchurch
New
> > Zealand, maybe it will be in the post next week.
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV
> > <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > > Hi Shelby,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the complements. I was wondering if anyone had
seen it!

> > > The resistor is probably not needed, however it did help on one
> > > computer.
> > >
> > > M01 is optional stop, you probably mean M03 for spindle CW on?
> > >
> > > This is ESSENTIALLY what I do in 'C' for the spindle:
> > >
> > > M3_OUTPUT_PIN = 1;
> > > M4_OUTPUT_PIN = 2;
> > > CMD_MASK = 0x1B;
> > > SPP_CMD = 2;
> > >
> > > /* for M03 Spindle CW */
> > > Mbits &= ~M3_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 1)
> > strobe */
> > > Mbits |= M4_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 14)
> > autofd */
> > > Mbits ^= CMD_MASK; /* flip bits
> > */
> > > outp(LPTbase + SPP_CMD, Mbits); /* out cmd
> > */
> > >
> > > /* for M04 Spindle CCW */
> > > Mbits &= ~M4_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 14)
> > autofd */
> > > Mbits |= M3_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 1)
> > strobe */
> > > Mbits ^= CMD_MASK; /* flip bits
> > */
> > > outp(LPTbase + SPP_CMD, Mbits); /* out cmd
> > */
> > >
> > > /* for M05 spindle OFF */
> > > Mbits |= M4_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 14)
> > autofd */
> > > Mbits |= M3_OUTPUT_PIN; /* I n (pin 1)
> > strobe */
> > > Mbits ^= CMD_MASK; /* flip bits
> > */
> > > outp(LPTbase + SPP_CMD, Mbits); /* out cmd
> > */
> > >
> > > Don't know if this helps, but you'll see that we end setting
the
> > bit to
> > > 1 to cause the printer line to go Active low. It all gets
tricky
> > as the
> > > parallel port inverts some lines, and not others.
> > >
> > > Check with Yeager (or just try it both ways) on the setting in
> > CNCpro.
> > > I'd guess you've got it backwards for this wiring. We want the
> > line to
> > > go LOW on activation, and HIGH to turn it off. The SSS has
it's +5
> > > connected to +5, and it's - connected to the printer line.
When
> > the
> > > line goes low (.5V), there is 5V across the SSS, and it turns
on.
> > The
> > > SSS must be the 3-30V control type, and you must be switching
at
> > least
> > > 24VAC, as I recall.
> > >
> > > If you don't see the line (pin 1 of parallel port) change as
you
> > issue
> > > the M03 or M05, then the PP address is possibly incorrect.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Alan KM6VV

> > M01
> > come

SINK

unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Google.com

> > are

DOMAIN BY
> > EXCEPTIONS........

consider
> > this
> > members
> > list.

BY

> > wanliker@a..., timg@k...

> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.

> > to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same
members
> > are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED
list.

> > POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
> > EXCEPTIONS........

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> >
> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

shelbyshepherd2002 2003-07-31 02:53:06 UTC Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings fortino 2003-07-31 06:36:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Torsten 2003-07-31 11:21:53 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-31 11:46:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings shelbyshepherd2002 2003-07-31 13:21:40 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-31 15:46:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings fortino 2003-07-31 16:04:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Raymond Heckert 2003-07-31 18:22:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings shelbyshepherd2002 2003-08-01 01:35:51 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-08-01 10:21:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings shelbyshepherd2002 2003-08-01 14:19:45 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-08-01 15:23:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings James Cullins 2003-08-01 20:41:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings shelbyshepherd2002 2003-08-01 21:08:29 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings James Cullins 2003-08-01 21:21:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings markpowerplus 2003-08-03 14:10:23 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings shelbyshepherd2002 2003-08-05 02:24:07 UTC Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings Jon Elson 2003-08-05 10:43:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Yeager CNC Pro and relay settings